Author Topic: (Shocks??) 2 big round pipes with chain hanging down????  (Read 4361 times)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
(Shocks??) 2 big round pipes with chain hanging down????
« on: March 13, 2008, 05:28:33 pm »
I noticed on houlios machine there are shocks(??) hooked to the skis with chain. Is there a spring hooked up inside somehow??
Anyone know how it works???
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
Re: (Shocks??) 2 big round pipes with chain hanging down????
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 06:37:33 pm »
OT - Take a look at the "OWNER'S MANUAL-PARTS LIST-SALES BROCHURE" section under GENERAL DISCUSSIONS heading in this forum. There are two diagrams showing the shocks. The diagram of the ski assembly shows them the best. (I thought that you would have had all the posts in this forum memorized by now. lol)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 07:01:13 am »
   HA HA HA ! i probably should know it off by heart, but it's cold & damp down here! The sawdust don't blow around the same as when it's dry!!! 
   Seeing you had your smarties today, do you have  the model ###'s and/or bolt pattern of the original standard transmission that bolts onto the original 251 chrysler engine? Gror asked about putting in an automatic tranny. I think I may have found an adapter supplier that can adapt almost anything to anything. They are going to call me back on Friday. Any extra info would help.   Please reply before xmas.   (chuckle chuckle)

NOW WE'RE EVEN!!!

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 08:28:19 am »
ot- I have a couple old Chrysler parts manuals for the industrial 251 engines. One is from 1941 and the new(?) one is from 1966. They are a approx. 500-600 pages, (the parts list alone is over 400 pages) so I would imagine that it would contain the info. that you are searching for. I will not be able to get it until after the weekend. Let me know if you are still looking or if you found out what you needed from your supplier. You guys in Newfoundland should still be shovelling out from all the snow all weekend anyway. lol

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 08:40:33 am »
Grfishmaker that may be helpful. Waiting to see if they call back. They don't know if the 250 Chrysler is the same as the 251.
Will let you know.
     Down here we have snow blowers! Shovels are becoming extinct
here!!!   Ha.