Author Topic: punching holes for cleats  (Read 3586 times)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
punching holes for cleats
« on: March 06, 2008, 03:00:32 pm »
anybody got ideas or homemade machines for punching holes in the track for the cleats?
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
Re: punching holes for cleats
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 05:12:34 pm »
The rubber comes with the holes pre-punched. I believe it is also good to buy a matched pair so everything is balanced nice. There are two different ply thicknesses available and are available from Shavers in Stonewall,Mb. If you give him a call, he will  fax you an up-to date price list. I asked him why he doesn't post his parts list on this site, and he said he always wanted to but he always intended to make it look like a more tidy catalogue before he did. I told him that I thought everyone on this site was just an average joe and wouldn't mind.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 07:21:19 pm by grfishmaker »

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
Re: punching holes for cleats
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 08:10:24 pm »
I was talking to a couple of owners down here last year & they never knew about NT. they told me they made up a jig to drill the holes. It was a lot of work they said. I think if they new about Dan Shavers they might have bought from him. I think it would be a great idea if he made up an online site for his products. Definitely be a bonus for him. People would look & see something in the catalog that they were trying to patch up & end up buying new from him, saving themselves a lot of extra time.
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.