Author Topic: tail lights AGAIN !!!  (Read 7517 times)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
tail lights AGAIN !!!
« on: February 17, 2008, 05:23:14 am »
i just saw a set of (5) five piece teardrop cab marker lights. i would take it to be five lights & not five pieces per light. their available with   RED  lenses. jcwhitney.com  part # is zx126664t.
$30.99     check it out folks.
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
Re: tail lights AGAIN !!!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 09:13:27 am »
    I was talking to a salesman @ Parts For Trucks, a local parts supplier. He checked out the trucklite site for me & says he can get tail lights like you fellows want.
    He said you will have to pay up front because he has to special order them through Trucklite in New York.
    I was talking to New York's head office myself & they do stock them for dealers.
    If you can find a Trucklite dealer he can order them for you. You can Google Trucklite & have a look @ them. The part # for the light is 1312a & the part # for the red lens is 9087. Prices are $ 26.94 &
$ 3.62 respectfully.
    Sorry Grfishmaker, I had to put this in for the boys.

Oh yea, if you don't know where your nearest dealer is, when you look up their site you'll find their head office phone ## . Call that & ask for the nearest dealer.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 03:58:49 am by the old trucker »

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 05:50:56 pm »
   For anyone that has tail lights with the word yankee  77  on the amber lens, you will be glad to know that the red lens is available separately for them. The light is also sold as a complete unit with amber lens.   
   I'll see if I can get a pic or two put on here for all to see.

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 10:37:32 am »
I ordered that set of five lights from JC Whitney last fall and after a two month period they said they are unable to get them with red lens anymore. Thought I'd be smart and get an extra pair by buying the set of five. The Yanke 77 is probably as close to the original looking light as yoyu will find out there. I'll post your pictures of the light (Yankee 77) for you tonight.

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 11:41:56 am »
Here's the Yankee 77 light that TOT mentioned and he says they are available from Truck-Lite.com.
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/grfishmaker/IMG_0813.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/grfishmaker/IMG_0816.jpg

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 07:42:49 pm »

Just a friendly reminder for anyone interested that the price of these lights have gone up since last year.
The light is $ 33.00 & the red lens is $4.50. The Grote light is a similar shape & a couple of dollars cheaper.

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 08:00:56 pm »
I stopped in at Shavers in Stonwall, MB yesterday and see that he now carries these lights that TOT is mentioning. (204-467-2605)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 08:14:48 am »

Just to add, grfishmaker my suppiler told me that those Grote lights are no longer available.

It's good to know that Shavers do have the Trucklite model shown above. I would think they will go fast. 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 08:16:40 am by the old trucker »