Author Topic: OLD WOODIES  (Read 4559 times)

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
OLD WOODIES
« on: February 14, 2008, 04:42:05 pm »
      houlio , your machine is a 1949 r-12, right??? averymans is a 1951 b-12. i noticed that your machine has no cargo door and it looks like averymans does. how come and what's the differance between an r-12 and b-12.

also does anyone have any pictures of any the wooden bodied section of the machine being restored?
     do cameron mclean have an email address?? if so what's his members name on here?

after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline houlio

• View Profile
Re: OLD WOODIES
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 01:03:08 am »
Hey old trucker - nothing wrong with an old woody, as long as they work - our unit is a B12 CS

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 06:45:55 am »
     houlio, that's what i mean. i love the old woodie. i'd like to live close to cameron mclean. i think he does a wonderful job on restoring these machines. i like working with wood. i think i know how cameron feels when he rolls another one out the door.
a great feeling of pride and accomplishment.
     i think if i were to build something new, it would be a woodie. my biggest problem is that i am not allowed close to a welder. doc's orders.
     i have often thought about if i got a metal body machine that i would cut everything off above the tracks and start with wood. i'm sorry, i'm just dreaming again.
     that's why i'm trying to get all the info and pictures i can. do you have any closeups of the wood framing? i have learned a lot since finding this site. i think it's great, just great!!! 

10-4 RUBBER DUCK - WE'RE ON THE SIDE!!  (chuckle)

Offline Cranman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 01:34:21 pm »
Have you looked at the pics of one of Cam's projects in the photo gallery. Also one of the early posts had the Can Woodworker article on Cam. http://northerntracks.com/history/wooden-dinosaurs.html.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 02:03:10 pm »
cranman that's what got me started into this since march of 2006. i have always bought that magazine. i like the woodworking part. now i'm not a carpenter but it's interesting. i think what i need is some closeups of all the woodwork. i find that i can do better if i had something to go by.  did you check out those brand new tail lights? i put the onfo on here. guess you call it posting.

Offline houlio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 06:05:53 pm »
Hey old trucker - look at the bottom of the page under General Discussions, then click on Page 2 - It will take you to the second page of subjects.  Near the middle of the page is a subject called WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE.  In this subject there was some discussion as to the meaning of the model numbers.  If someone has more information to add please share it.

General Forums / General Discussion / Re: WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE

--Houlio--