Author Topic: Back tail lights  (Read 9603 times)

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
Back tail lights
« on: January 23, 2008, 09:59:59 pm »
Does anyone have a pair of the red/chrome tails light assemby for the rear of the older bombadiers for sale? I have a 1953 machine, but I think the lights were prettty standard for many years. Any help or info. is appreciated. I always see the amber clearance lights for sale all over, but nothing in red.

Offline CranPortagers

• View Profile
Re: Back tail lights
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 05:30:42 pm »
Hi,

I am also looking fo the same back lights.  Please let me know if you come across any.  I will do the same.

Thank you.

Perry

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 05:49:19 am »
please bear with me. i'm not very good with computers. your chrome tail lights. if you look up trucklite.com, model #1320ad  it may be want you want.  there is also part # 99067r . it's a red lens.  also look up grote.com. part # 45333 the red lens is part # 90132. part # 46823 may be helpful too. i just became a member yesterday. this is a great site. just a thought, you could use an amber lens. the darker the the better, and put in an amber bulb it won't be red but it's close. old truckers trick. ha ha.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 11:22:57 am by the old trucker »
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 12:57:19 pm »
Thanks for the info. The world needs more "old truckers" and welcome to the site.

Offline Cranman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 12:47:39 pm »
The tail lights are not easy to come by. They were on a lot of old buses in the 50's and 60's. I went for the grote 45333 which comes in yellow and was lucky enough to get the red lens 90132 seperately. I was told that the red lens would no longer be available but I suppose if you went to the right store, there must still be some out there. They are still listed on the grote site. They are a bit bigger but look ok and they are big enough that you could go for the 2 contact 1157 bulb and have brake lights too if you wanted to.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 03:31:39 pm »
cranmam trucklite.com has a light very simular but a little smaller than grote. look up trucklite and click on marker & clearance lamps. the part # is 1312a. also there is a red lens # 9087. i'll look at a couple more sites and let you know if i find anything. hope this will help.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 04:27:13 pm »
grfishmaker, i was talking to the rep for grote in the atlantic region today.he is going to check and see if any red lens for the teardrop light are hanging around down this neck of the woods. he's going to get back to me. would anyone be interested in buyiny a couple if he gets any? let me know if i can help.

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 09:55:31 am »
'OLD TRUCKER" - I certainly would buy a couple pairs if you have any luck in locating any of the red lens covers. Canadian tire and most auto parts stores in our neck of the woods all seem to have the exact same lighting selections. I purchased the amber teardrop lights from Can. Tire with the hopes of someday finding a red relacement lens. So far no luck. I can see you are going to be a great assest to the forums as you are keen on finding and sharings your knowledge of possible suppliers and suggestions. Every bit helps.
Happy trails!

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 12:51:24 pm »
what brand light do canadian tire sell? didn't cranman just get a set of grote lights & lens? if i come across anything it will be grote brand.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 07:41:34 am »
GRFISHMAKER.  i think i may have found some tail lights. check out( tjtrailers.com ) out of utah. according to catalog they sell a 4" teardrop light. they also sell the red lens. they sell only in the states. i called but never got an answer. maybe you know some south of the border. maybe one of our members are from there. (hint hint???)
                                                 AKA ------the parts sourcer

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 07:48:25 am »
oh yeah, light model # 662.   # 11290---red light---$3.89

# 11292---red lens---$0.79

check it out may be allright

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 12:58:51 pm »
grfishmaker checkout  taillightking.com your tail lights are there. BRAND NEW.  also on the same site click on head light stuff. man o man what beautiful head lights they have they have hi/lo beam with a small park light on top. the ##'s are 31533, 31546, 31560. man aren't they pretty. a little pricey but beautiful. sir, if you don't find what you want, you don't need it.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008, 02:58:27 pm »
grfishmaker & cranportagers did you guys find any tail lights yet?
like i was saying taillightking.com has them in stock brand new.

Offline grfishmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 08:58:23 am »
old trucker - yes, thank you for the information. taillighting.com certainly has alot to offer. I think that if we can't find the lights in any of the three sites you mentiond, then we probaly don't really need them. lol

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 04:17:12 am »
The tail lights are not easy to come by. They were on a lot of old buses in the 50's and 60's. I went for the grote 45333 which comes in yellow and was lucky enough to get the red lens 90132 separately. I was told that the red lens would no longer be available but I suppose if you went to the right store, there must still be some out there. They are still listed on the grote site. They are a bit bigger but look OK and they are big enough that you could go for the 2 contact 1157 bulb and have brake lights too if you wanted to.
  Cranman, please correct me if I'm wrong. You can't put a 1157 bulb (double contact) into a 67 socket (single contact). Only way I know for is to change the complete socket & pigtail assembly, if possible.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 04:21:49 am by the old trucker »