Performance Forums > V6 or Straight 6 Engines

engine temp

(1/5) > >>

rackaholic:
I was wondering what temp should a flat head 6 run at?

gror:
Not sure but mine runs around 200 f in 3rd gear, but drops down to 175 quickly in second. Seems hot to me but never boils over?

grfishmaker:
I don't have a flat head but a 300 6 in my 53'. Most all motors in bombadier's have always run hotter than you would normally desire, but that said, they just keep ticking like the little annoying pink rabbit. I think it is pretty normal for them to run at 200 or a little higher. I changed the thermostat in mine to a160 degrree and mine usually runs around 160-180 degrees and will reach 200 if the going gets tough. 100% of the machines around here are used for work purposes and some people install extra fans on the side motor doors.

the old trucker:

Grfishmaker when your ford engine reaches 200 degrees does the fan cut in automatically do you have it mounted direct to the pulley ??               
                                                                                              OT.

marcdds:
251 ind should run at 160 this motor is made to run whith a none pressure systeme or you blow head gasket do not use pressure cap

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version