Author Topic: Lets keep this going  (Read 4246 times)

Offline Snowbusman

• View Profile
Lets keep this going
« on: January 04, 2008, 09:00:49 pm »
Every one has a storey, lets keep this site going

Bob Sanders the Snowbusman in Sault Ste Marie

Offline Swamp Dawg

• View Profile
Re: Lets keep this going
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 10:04:47 pm »
Bob, I don't think I've seen pictures of your bombardier.  Do you have any we can post?

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 11:32:02 am »
i definetely agree 110 %. it's too bad that i didn't know about you fellows 10 to 15 years ago. i might of bought one and took it back home to newfoundland with me. i traveled back and forth from nova scotia to alberta 15 to 20 times a year. maybe right by your front door. i have seen the odd old bombardier running around in the fields close to the highways. i read about cameron mclean in the cdn home workshop 2 yrs. ago. i love to be there with him helping with the woodwork. since then i have found 1 machine 12 miles from my home. also i found 5 more about 25 miles from home. unfortunately none are for sale. with any luck in the spring i may be able to get one. right now it's buried under the snow. don't know if it's any good, what year, or model it is.
  anyway i'm still hoping and looking for now.
                                               the old trucker
                                               from the rock
                                               still a newfie boy
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline Snowbusman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 11:57:55 am »
I must apoligize for starting this message and dropping it for the past year. Things were pretty tough at home and I spent all my time looking after personal affairs. With that in the past I am back at the machine
and currently working with my engine rebuilder building up the bottom end. I am doing something a little radicle with installing an automatic transmission up against the IND 313. Its been a real learning curve but very interesting. The polys are truely a great engine, very strong and just about industructilble. I have been taking pictures of the restoration and keeping a log. Lots of hours so far and still have the interior and exterior to  get at.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 01:56:12 pm »

Sounds very interesting Snowbusman !!  I can hardly wait to see some of your handy work !!
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.