Performance Forums > Transmissions

Auto Transmissions

(1/2) > >>

gror:
Would like to know if there is an automatic transmission that will bolt up to a251. Its in a 1950 Narrow gauge.

rackaholic:
If you are talking about a industrial flathead 251 I dont think there is. You could contact Dan Shavers at 204-467-2605 they would know for sure.Otherwise you could put in a straight 6 with a automatic tranny.

Swamp Dawg:

--- Quote from: rackaholic on January 03, 2008, 03:14:02 pm ---Otherwise you could put in a straight 6 with a automatic tranny.

--- End quote ---

Defiantly worth it to upgrade to this combination.

Cranman:
THey were rare but the 1954 Dodges and Chrysler cars had automatics. The late Reno Persson had one in Flin Flon.

the old trucker:
Gror, I don't know if it will help you out any but if you have room to add an adapter you may be in luck. I was just looking @ a site recommend by a fellow in Ham Lake, Minnesota. It's called 
    wilcap.com  they have adapters for the flat head Chrysler engine. They mention a 218, 230, & 250 Chrysler to a Chev, ford
dodge trans. I just got off the phone this minute. I was talking to Scott @ wilcap.com. He thinks he can help you out. His boss will be back in the morning. They are going to check & see if the 251 is same as the 250. Their ph# is (805) 481-7639. Do you or cranman or ted know what model trans is in there now?? Any one
got some ####'s ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version