Author Topic: TIRES  (Read 5800 times)

Offline rackaholic

• View Profile
TIRES
« on: December 14, 2007, 07:37:12 pm »
I,m looking for some tires for a narrow  gauge I noticed the that the rear tires are 5.00 16t and are mortorcycle tires and the rest are 4.50 16t plain tread two of the tires say goodyear(canada)and are new the other 4 are all original and everywhere I call says that they have no listing for such a tire. Is it alright to run  different size tires on the rear than the rest ???

Offline REDRANGER

• View Profile
Re: TIRES
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 06:04:31 am »
Jason, I just got sprockets from Dan Shaver, he has plenty of tires. If you want to try someone close try  Al at The Marina, Lake Of the Woods.  Did you get a machine?  I'm at Marvs all weekend stop and ask for Bob

Offline rackaholic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 11:18:10 pm »
I found tires  ;DI'm helping my brother with his machine I havent found one that was affordable yet (not that any of them are) but I'll keep looking.

Offline rackaholic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 02:36:22 pm »
Anyone know when putting on new tires do they need to be stretched so they go on easier?

Offline REDRANGER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 07:45:25 am »
We have put tubes in ourselves with old tires, I've never heard of streching them.  Who did you get tires from? How much?  We need a couple for our B-12. We are heading to the lake on Thursday, maybe see you.
Thanks Jason

Offline rackaholic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 04:59:27 pm »
I wont be up till monday and then we have a couple days work on the bombardier.When you get back I will stop by the store and give you the info about the tires.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 12:44:02 pm »
i just checked about tires down here. 4.50 16t. goodyears. he told me it's a smooth thread. is that what they use? they told me they do stock them. price was $146. do that sound like a fair deal?
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.