Author Topic: Track cross links  (Read 7066 times)

Offline Averyman

• View Profile
Track cross links
« on: November 06, 2006, 11:14:10 am »
I have about 100 links and reinforcement cleats on a couple of old tracks that were used on a swamp buggy that I bought years ago at an auction sale. Anyone need them? What is the going price?
Thanks, Clarence

Offline Cranman

• View Profile
Re: Track cross links
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 10:07:48 am »
Do you know what kind of buggy the tracks came off? If not could you post the actual width of the cleats and the hole size and spacing as there may be people out there that could ude them if they aren't too badly worn.  Bob

Offline Averyman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 08:25:02 pm »
Here are the track cleat dimensions... Outer holes 14 1/2 " center to center and inner holes 8" c to c. Holes are 11/32" diameter on 3 1/4" centers for 5/16" bolts.  This is the same bolt pattern as on my B-12 tracks. Overall length is 16" which is nearly 1/2" longer than on my tracks.   They show a little wear but have many good miles left in them yet. At present they are still attached to the old tracks.  We had a big snowfall here in Brandon and I took the machine for a short run yesterday.. I'm hooked!!
Clarence

Offline Swamp Dawg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 07:16:05 pm »
You can post this in the for sale section so people can find it.  For some reason I never seen this topic before.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 11:54:01 am »

Can the cross link from a muskeg fit on the old bombardier ?? I was told they are a little thicker but they fit. He wants $ 2.00 each & has close to 200 of them. Any thoughts from anybody ??

OT.   
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.

Offline Cranman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 12:33:24 pm »
If the cleats are from the old off set tracks from the pre 1960 buggie it may be ok. Seems to me they were turned up on one side for traction but the length likely was the same as bomb cleats and I thing the bolt holes were the same.

Offline the old trucker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 07:55:59 am »

Has anyone seen this setup around ?? Any thoughts about them ?? I was thinking that they would make the machine slide around allot on ice..

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m366/theoldtrucker/grousercleats.jpg
after covering a few acres of prime real estate.